Crucial Conversations at Home: The art and science of raising happy, well-adjusted, productive children is a topic that is near and dear to every parent. Every stage of development presents a series of opportunities for parents to shape, guide, mentor and observe their children as they develop and move towards independence. Crucial Conversations is a course that teaches skills for creating alignment and agreement by fostering open dialogue around high-stakes, emotional, or risky topics—at home, work and play. By learning how to speak and be heard (and encouraging others to do the same), you’ll begin to surface the best ideas, make the highest-quality decisions, and then act on your decisions with unity and commitment.
Free Registration: As founder of Dads in the Hood, a fatherhood initiative that focuses attention on the role of fatherhood in building healthy, vital, compassionate communities, I want to offer fathers a practical way to bolster the skills required to enhance both results and relationships in the home. Through a generous grant from our partners at VitalSmarts, I will be offering scholarships to attend this award-winning, NY Times, Wall Street Journal Best Seller, Mastery Course in Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High.
- Duration: 14 hours of classroom time in a spaced-learning format (four 3.5 hour modules across 4 weeks). Engage in extensive in-class practice, group participation, and personal reflection as you explore and master these crucial skills.
- Cost: FREE - The $1,395.00 tuition will be waived to those whose registration and $300 deposit* is accepted by Bourke & Associates. (*Registrant's deposit will be held and refunded in full upon completion and full attendance of all sessions). Make check payable to John Bourke and mail to:
- John F. Bourke
6232 Westchester Lane
Plano, Texas 75093
- John F. Bourke
- Where: The course will be held in the Training Room at Allegiance Capital Corporation located at 16400 Dallas Parkway, Suite 300 Dallas, Texas 75248
- When: Four 3-4 hour modules on four spaced days
- Dates TBA at Dads in the Hood Event on October 21, 2016. Dates will be based on Registrant Availability data.